There are three fundamental ingredients necessary in order to keep a blog updated and interesting: 1) Material, 2) Time, and 3) Internet.
Unfortunately, the accumulation of material with which to fill said blog tends to have an inverse relationship with the amount of time available to write about the material. And while a solid and consistent internet connection should be independent of the two other factors, for some reason, every time I have the first two factors in excess, there always seems to be a paucity of the third (and vice versa).
Nevertheless, I am urging you, faithful readers, to take heart! For I am committed to the entertainment (or at the very least the distraction) of all my readers as long as I am here in Chile, and irrespective of my heretofore inability to stay abreast of the many stories that have been multiplying in the annals of the unwritten, I promise to liberate my mindless ramblings just as soon as my stinking landlord can figure out our current internet mess. Until that SNAFU is worked out, I must resign myself to typing random nothings in my free time between class from the sticky keyboard (covered no doubt with some dilectable syrupy concoction comprised of Chilean finger grease, avocado resin, salty vegetable oil, and mayonnaise, all of which are found in copious amounts in the Chilean diet) in the teacher`s lounge at the school where I teach.
So that today´s visit is not a complete waste, I will leave you with a tasty morsel of information. The word SNAFU actually arose from a military acronym beginning with "Situation Normal: ..." I am assuming the clever can deduce the rest.
ah, I'm officially satisfied now!
ReplyDelete