Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Home, Sweet Home


Pictures are presented in the order they are mentioned, starting with a view from the outside.

Okay, so I have finally moved into my new home. To be fair, it’s not exactly official since I have yet to pay my deposit, and I still don’t have a key. Still, those are just technicalities, so I won’t get too worked up about it.

So far, I have really only spent time with the two Brazillian girls that live on the first floor. Their names are Nayara and Eloisa, and they are both students at the Universidad Católica, which is the mother school of the DuocUC schools (hence the UC).

My room (pictured here) is at the far corner of the house, next to the kitchen and a little patio where we hang dry our clothes. Across from me is another little room that will soon be occupied by another gringo, with whom I have spoken to for a grand total of about 2 minutes. Also on the first floor, we have the kitchen (pictured), a little dining area, the main patio (pictured), and one more big unoccupied bedroom, and a living room/library (picture) from which I have already stolen a couple of books to read: Rousseau’s Social Contract and John Maynard Keyne’s Critique of Modern Economics, both in Spanish. I would put the likelihood of my reading both books all the way through while I am here at about 25%… I mean, I know I’m a nerd, but translating treatises on politics and philosophy by choice? That’s like the Eagle Scout of nerds.

Back to the house. On the second floor we have a guy from Portugal named Andre, a guy from France (sorry Joel Mitchell) named Amorie (not sure on the spelling), our one local, Francisco, and a Colombian chica whose name I’ve forgotten (give me a break, it’s my first day).

The third floor is basically just a big open floor and was designated (by the landlord, not us) as the “Party Floor.”


I am pretty sure we only have one more room to fill, but so far, everyone is between the ages of 21 and 26 (I think). While first impressions can be misleading, I am under the impression that all of the people are “de buena onda,” which basically means that I am getting a good vibe from all of them.


In case you are planning a surprise visit, my new address is:
Andacollo 1619
Santiago, Chile

I'm not sure of the postal code yet, but I will find out.

…Look at mapcity.cl if you get lost.

2 comments:

  1. I have seen you in my dreams and felt the moisture of your whispers upon my nape. You have inspired what was gone and what was found- has returned, which means it really was there the whole time, concluding that the omnipresence of your words are my companions, and companions they shall be...rest in peace, my love, rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never trust the French.

    ReplyDelete