I made it! The picture to the right is a view of the Andes (through the haze) from my current hotel room.
After a surprisingly pleasant flight (all the more surprising considering it was conducted by my long-time nemesis - Delta), I finally made it into Santiago. Only slightly tipsy from the duty free rum I used as a sleep aid, I managed to track down our program coordinator and meet up with the rest of our crew.
There are 13 people in total, and they are from all over the US. Most of us are about the same age (22-24; 1 or 2 years out of school). One guy, though, is about 50, a former criminal lawyer, and a fulbright scholar who, in the last 10 years or so, decided that he just can't get enough of Spanish and the accompanying latin culture.
As for the rest, my first impression is that we are going to get along swimmingly. There are a few skiers in the crowd (YES!), one who graduated from Boulder. Lauren, you'll even be happy to know we even have a horned frog. Alas, she was not a Theta.
In spite of my slight pisco and wine hangover, I had a little time before my day actually begins, so I thought I would just let everyone know that I made it safe and sound.
Salud!
1 comment:
Buena suerte amigo! Con muchos abrazos (pero no muchos besos), Nug-A-Lugs
Post a Comment