So here it is. The inaugural post of my very own blog.
As I am still a couple days from leaving Denver and almost a week from leaving the US, this post might seem a bit premature. Nevertheless, I wanted to appease the veritable throng of people that will comprise my audience (that is, my mom and sister), by at least generating the home of my new blog, title and all.
Thanks to exhaustive efforts from several individuals, including (but not limited to) Alison Carlman, Cristina Miller, and Matt Teeters, I settled on "A pocos pasos," which means "at a short distance." It may not be as catchy as some titles, but where it lacks in rhyme scheme and double entendres, I think it makes up for with accuracy of purpose, which is of course to stay connected with all of you.
Either way, I hope that you will find my posts to be informative (probably), entertaining (maybe), but if nothing else, intelligible (hopefully). I will try to make at least one post a week and will do my best to include pictures to illustrate my anecdotes. More than likely, I will not send out an email update every time I make a post on my blog. Feel free to visit as often as you like, and take comfort in knowing that I will not be flooding your inboxes with pictures and long narratives for you to simply set aside for another time or forget about entirely.
If you are reading this, then I have been blessed to have been at least part of your life and journey, so it is with great pleasure that I get to include you in mine.
Vaya con dios.
-Kevin
PS: The picture included on this post is a preview of my current level of excitement to be embarking on this opportunity.
No comments:
Post a Comment