Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Leaving, on a jet plane...



As you can see, I am packed and ready to go; prepared to face all the dangers that life has to throw at me in the next few months... Safety first!

So, today is the day. After much anticipation, my long-awaited departure date is finally here. My quick stop in HOTlanta gave me a few more precious days to spend with some of the baddest-a people this side of the international dateline. Shout out to the BSP (below)!

With a few more items to throw back into bags and hope that they are under the weight limit for international travel, I can already begin to feel my pulse quicken. In a couple of hours, I will be fraternizing with some of the other individuals signed up for the trip at the good ol' Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, where inefficiency reigns supreme and the unmistakeable potpourri of fried chicken and cigarettes is an everpresent reminder that you are indeed still in the South. A few beers and a handful of valium later, I hope to be snoozing somewhere over Barranquilla.


It is with a heavy heart to match my much heavier bags, I will soon have to say goodbye (at least temporarily) to some of the great people I have encountered so far. Still, with every end comes a new beginning, and I can't wait for the day when we will all see each other again to tell of the many chapters in our lives that we have yet to share.

Hasta pronto...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look hot with your shirt off.
Love,
Tyler